Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Zombie Dream 2 - The Escape

This dream started with a jumble of images and colors.  When it finally gaines coherence,  I am standing in house in a cave with some people - I think my Mom was one of them.  The cave was raised about 3 steps above the cavern floor.  It looked kind of like the cave in The Secret World of Arrietty. 


It looked kinda like this house, but the light was a flue and if you had your back to the stove, you'd be looking out into a great big cave.

We had just heard that the zombies were going to come after us now so we were preparing for them.  When the fist zombie starts coming across the cavern floor, I rush out to meet him.  He is like a cyborg zombie with some weird eye binocular (monocular, really) and scissors for hands.  I am grappling with this zombie and grabbing onto his scissor blades, hoping they won't cut me.  Then I remember that I had a katana so I raise that and try to cut off his head.  Unfortunately, i miss his neck and my sword gets stuck in his skull. I had to struggle to free it before the zombie got to me.  Eventually I did, phew!


Then the zombies start coming in droves and we have this narrow ledge to fight on.  I am doing quite well, actually, as I run back and forth beheading zombies with my very sharp Katana.  At one point I'm thinking, "Yeah, we got this. I could do this all day, I'm not even tired."  


Suddenly, water starts trickling over the rocks from the far side of the cave and I hear someone say, "Oh no!  They are going to flood us out!"  An escape plan was quickly gone over as the water rose with unnerving speed.  We had these two upward tunnels that we could climb up if the water got too high.  So, I keep on slashing away until I start seeing partially chopped up zombie parts floating around in the water.  It's almost up to the highest step of the house.  


The wave of zombies has stopped now, except for a few stragglers.  The last of the other people in the cave are crawling up the chute and are calling to me.  I do a once-around of the house trying to decide on what to grab.  I decide on nothing and instead feel that it is my duty to kill the straggler zombies to give the people time to escape.  One of the zombies is a unicorn and another is a giant Komodo dragon....go figure.  I behead the dragon and start crawling up the tunnel.  My last thought is that the grandma (who resembled Math's mom) couldn't make it up and so she told everyone to go without her. 


Komodo dragon picture
I totally beheaded this guy  and saw his neck's cross section.  (But I'm not proud about it.  Zombie's were alive once too!)
Ahead of me is this guy and his son.  When we get to the top, it is into his home and his wife and brother are pulling us up.  They pull up the kid, then the dude but before they pull me up the kid asks, "Where's grandma?"  And I say, "She couldn't make it," as I'm holding on for dear life trying not to fall down the straight drop back to zombies and a flooded cave.

The kid starts crying but I brush it off as I struggle to get out of the tunnel.  It seems that the wife and husband are not really trying to do anything to comfort the kid.  But I don't really pay it much mind and wake up shortly after. 

No comments: